Streaming content is more popular than ever. In fact, 61 percent of young adults prefer to stream TV on Internet platforms instead of watching on cable or satellite, because it allows them to be on the go and watch their favorite shows wherever they are. This is something that DISH and Amazon considered when they came up with services like DISH Anywhere and the Fire TV Stick. By subscribing to DISH Anywhere, you can bring your favorite on-demand and live content to any device or TV, even when you’re away from home.
By combining DISH Anywhere and Amazon’s Fire TV Stick, you get the best of both worlds and get complete access to thousands of shows and movies through the Fire TV Stick and live TV and recorded content from your DISH Anywhere app. The setup is easy and user-friendly, so you don’t have to worry about missing your favorite shows because of a complicated setup or installation. Additionally, by incorporating the DISH Anywhere app into your life, you’ll have remote access to your DVR at home and be able to control video-on-demand content and set up recordings ahead of time.
Before you start installing and activating your DISH Anywhere app on your Fire TV Stick, make sure you have everything you need in order to connect the two successfully. You will need to already be a DISH customer and have a subscription to the DISH Anywhere app. You will also need your DISH Hopper and, of course, a Firestick which you can purchase through the Amazon App store. You’ll also want to make sure that you have the latest version of the Firestick and that you’re able to connect it to the Internet. This will make a big difference during the setup process.
What Is the DISH Anywhere Application?
The DISH Anywhere application allows DISH TV customers to have access to their personal recordings, live TV, and on-demand shows and movies. Think of it as a DVR to-go that makes it easier for you to watch everything you would normally watch from home on your phone, tablet, or computer.
What Is the Amazon Fire TV and Firestick?
Though they are both similar, there are slight distinctions between the two. The Amazon Fire TV is an actual box, similar to your DISH Hopper in look. Because the Amazon Fire TV is an actual device, it only works by connecting directly to your high-definition (HD) TV. Whereas the Amazon TV Stick looks very similar to your DISH remote control. The Fire TV Stick works by plugging it directly into your TV through an HDMI port. Both setups are easy and user-friendly and both the Amazon Fire TV and the Firestick will provide you with the same array of options for entertainment. Both devices can stream from popular streaming platforms like Netflix or Hulu, as well as the capability to stream games, music, and integration to Amazon Alexa.
What Does the DISH Hopper Do?
The DISH Hopper is an HD TV recorder available to all DISH TV customers. It allows you to record live TV, including shows, movies, and sports. Its storage capabilities are hefty, as it offers two terabytes of storage thanks to its 16 tuners. In simple terms, The Hopper allows you to record up to 16 shows at the same time, giving you and your family flexibility in programming and storage. If you’re interested in learning how to install and activate DISH anywhere on a Fire TV stick, continue reading.
How to Install Dish Anywhere on Fire TV Stick
The first thing you’ll want to do to reap the benefits of both Dish Anywhere and a Firestick is to install your Dish Anywhere app on your Fire TV Stick for easy access.
- Turn on your TV and navigate to your Firestick home screen.
- Locate the SEARCH icon and, using the on-screen keyboard, type in: DISH ANYWHERE.
- Several options will pop up. Scroll down to select the DISH ANYWHERE app.
- Once you have selected the correct option, click on GET to install the app on your Firestick device.
- The download will take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes depending on your Internet connection.
- Once the app finishes downloading into your device, click on OPEN to move on to the next steps.
How to Activate DISH Anywhere on Fire TV Stick
Now that the DISH Anywhere app successfully downloaded into your device, it’s time to activate it so that you can start streaming.
- The first thing you will notice when you open the DISH Anywhere app is a user agreement that you’ll have to accept prior to continuing the setup process.
- Scroll through the agreement and click on I ACCEPT at the end.
- Once you get past the user agreement, an activation code will display on your Firestick.
- Next, you will need your smartphone, tablet, or computer to visit the following website: dishanywhere.com/activate.
- The website will prompt you to enter a code to activate the process. Enter the activation code displayed on your Firestick and click ACTIVATE DEVICE.
- The app will activate and, now that both devices are connected to each other, you’ll be able to stream anything from your DISH Anywhere app through your Fire TV Stick.
The process is very user-friendly and easy. If you ever get confused, you can always go back a step and redo it. There’s no real way to go wrong. The devices will prompt you what to do next so that you can successfully complete the setup.
Is There a Reason to Subscribe to DISH Network if I Already Have an Amazon Firestick?
While you can get great entertainment with the Amazon Firestick alone, you will never get the full experience without a DISH Network subscription. The DISH Anywhere app is only available to subscribers of DISH Network and its features are enhanced when it’s paired with the Amazon Fire TV Stick because it gives you access to bonus content sometimes, along with full control of your at-home DVR and live TV content wherever you are.
What DISH Network Channels Are Available on The Amazon Firestick?
Some of the most popular channels available through the Fire TV Stick are:
- Cooking Channel
- Disney Channel
- FOX NOW
- History Channel
- Watch ESPN
The options are endless when it comes to all the access you can have by pairing the DISH Network app with the Fire TV Stick. If you’re looking to take your streaming to the next level and have access to all your favorite shows on any screen, this is the way to go.