Veterans Day is coming on November 11, 2023!
We are proud to honor all people who have served in the United States military.
Military service calls for many sacrifices, from serving overseas to risking injury or death. Whether you serve in the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Navy, Marines, National Guard or Reserves, military service is unlike any other job. And our veterans often need assistance after they return to civilian life.
InfinityDISH is reaching out to recognize those veterans who are working to help other veterans.
Are you a veteran who dedicates your time to helping other veterans through an official nonprofit organization? Or do you know an amazing veteran who volunteers for a veterans’ charity?
You can win $2,000 for that charity by sharing the story!
If you are a veteran who helps other veterans, we want to hear from you. Tell us what you do, who you serve, and why it’s so rewarding. How have you seen your work change lives for veterans?
If you have a friend or family member who does this kind of work, thrill them by telling their story! (Just make sure you let them know and get their permission.)
We will publish all your testimonies here to inspire the public for Veterans Day. The world needs more good news, and we want to share stories that might help more people get involved.
We will pick one story and one charity featured in that story to receive $2,000 to help in their work! You could help your chosen charity even more just by telling us about it!
Do you work for one of the national charities such as Wounded Warriors helping wounded veterans in recovery, Homes for Our Troops helping disabled veterans live fuller lives through accessible homes, or the Bob Woodruff Foundation bringing together groups to aid homeless veterans and more? Maybe you support a regional or local charity doing great work to help our military veterans?
Regardless of size, all registered and recognized nonprofits specifically serving veterans are eligible in the contest. We can’t wait to hear your stories.
The $2,000 donation will go directly to the charity named in your story.
How to Enter
Type in your story here. You can write your story from a minimum of 50 words to a maximum of 250 words to tell us what kind of work you do (or your friend does) to help veterans.
Remember, you or the person working to help veterans must also be a veteran who has served in uniform in the past.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Terms and Conditions - Click Here for Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Term and Entry: ISG Veterans Helping Veterans (the “Vets Helping Vets”) starts at 12:01 p.m. ET (Eastern Time) on October 20, 2023, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 11th, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). The sponsor of the Veterans Helping Veterans Contest is Infinity Sales Group (“Sponsor”), whose principal office is located at 5900 Broken Sound Pkwy, NW, Boca Raton, FL 33487. The Veterans Helping Veterans Contest is not sponsored by and is in no way affiliated with DISH Network L.L.C. or any of its parent companies or subsidiaries. Each entrant/applicant agrees to look solely to Sponsor for resolution or any inquiries about the Veterans Helping Veterans Contest. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these official rules (“Official Rules”). By submitting an entry/application, each entrant/applicant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry/application complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules. This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to change the Deadline for the Veterans Helping Veterans Contest and extend the Contest.
- Eligibility: Veterans Helping Veterans Contest is open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years or older at the time of entry, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where the applicant resides. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, or their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations, advertising and promotion agencies, fulfillment, website providers, web masters, and anyone involved in the production or administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and any members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. By submitting an entry/application, each entrant/applicant agrees unconditionally to the Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winners.
There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THIS Veterans Helping Veterans CONTEST. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by applicants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the Veterans Helping Veterans Contest.
- How to Enter: To submit an application to enter the Veterans Helping Veterans Contest, applicants must visit InfinityDish.com and complete a form with the following information:
- What is your first and last name?
- Are you at least 18 years of age?
- Are you eligible to work in the United States?
- What is your phone number?
- What is your email address?
- What is your street address?
- If you wrote this story about a third party, what is that person’s name?
- What is the phone number of the person you are writing about?
- What is the email address of the person you are writing about?
- In 250 words or less, tell us what kind of work you do (or your friend does) to help veterans.
- E-signed release : “I authorize the digital publication of this information by InfinityDISH. I authorize InfinityDISH to edit this material for style and length. I have obtained the permission of any third party named in this story to release this information, and I understand that InfinityDISH may contact the charity mentioned in order to confirm details. I understand that at the discretion of InfinityDISH, some personal identities may be shielded by the use of partial names or pseudonyms in the digitally published versions of these stories.”
The winner will be chosen by Sponsor based on creativity of their response to the above form.
- Usage Rights in Entries: Sponsor and its designees shall have the unrestricted and non-exclusive right to edit, adapt, publish, copy, display, perform, broadcast, modify, and otherwise use any or all entry/application materials, alone or in combination with other material in any and all media, whether now known or later discovered, in perpetuity, without restriction of any kind whatsoever, without further compensation to the entrant or anyone else. Without limiting the foregoing, entries may be posted on the contest webpage for public viewing. Sponsor reserves the right to review any entry/application prior to any such posting, to remove any entry/application at any time after posting, and to remove any incidental material that could be deemed infringing where doing so would not materially alter the entry/application and where the entrant otherwise clearly intended to comply with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor. No guarantee is made that any particular entry/application will or will not be posted or as to the length of time between submission and posting. Sponsor reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to determine if any particular entry/application is appropriate for posting. Entry constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name, biographical information, photo, and/or likeness in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity, for internal advertising, Veterans Helping Veterans Contest publicity, and other purposes without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Potential finalists and/or winners may be required to assign all rights in entry/application to Sponsor without additional compensation.
The entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined below. All entries must be submitted and received within the Veterans Helping Veterans Contest(s) deadline(s). Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Entries must be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, internet domain owner, or other person or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right to examine the original source material in order to confirm compliance with these rules.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS Veterans Helping Veterans CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Veterans Helping Veterans CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Veterans Helping Veterans Contest Prizes: Cash donation to the US Veterans charity of your choice as mentioned in your submitted story (charity must be registered as a non-profit organization): $2,000.00
- Odds of Winning: One (1) set of prizes will be awarded out of total number of entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
- Judging: All submitted entries will be reviewed by a member of the Sponsor staff who will have the sole discretion to vote for the ultimate winner. When deciding the winner, we will judge each entry/application based on the creativity of the submission. Applicants will be evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved
- Notification of Winner: The Winner will be notified by email before November 10th, 2023. Notification will be provided to the email account that the winner provided to Sponsor in the winner’s entry form. The winner is responsible for checking their email, and all email functionality. Time to claim the prize starts running from time that Sponsor transmits the email notification to Winner. Sponsor is not responsible for spam blockers, lack of email delivery, cost of email and network services to deliver email or any problems associated with Winner receiving email late or not at all. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is not eligible, or does not claim the opportunity to participate in the Veterans Helping Veterans within 24 hours of notification, Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient and pick a replacement Recipient. The sponsor will make 3 attempts to select a Winner for each prize. If no prize is claimed, it reverts back to Sponsor.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Veterans Helping Veterans Contest, applicants waive all right to and hold the Sponsor harmless from any claim, liability, loss, injury, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this Veterans Helping Veterans Contest or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The Sponsor will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect applications; an applicant’s failure to receive notices due to applicant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for applicants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this Veterans Helping Veterans Contest; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the applications in this Veterans Helping Veterans Contest; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the Veterans Helping Veterans Contest, or announcement of the winner of the Veterans Helping Veterans Contest (“Winner”).
By participating, you further agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Veterans Helping Veterans Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Veterans Helping Veterans Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
- This Veterans Helping Veterans Contest is conducted by Sponsor and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with DISH Network or any of the charities named in the promotion.
- Upon completion of the Veterans Helping Veterans, the Charity described in the story submitted by the Winner will receive a one-time payment of $2,000.00 no later than 90 days following Winner’s completion of the broadcast-watching.
- The opportunity to participate in the Veterans Helping Veterans Contest is not transferable.
- Where legally required, the Winner’s name will be available upon request 28 days after the closing date of the Veterans Helping Veterans Contest. To request the Winner’s name, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
Infinity Sales Group
5900 Broken Sound Pkwy, NW
Boca Raton, FL 33487
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or amend this Veterans Helping Veterans Contest and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- Sponsor’s decision in respect of all matters related to the Veterans Helping Veterans Contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Veterans Helping Veterans Contest and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Florida law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Florida.
- By submitting an application for this Veterans Helping Veterans Contest, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
This Veterans Helping Veterans Contest is administered by Infinity Sales Group and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by any of the parties mentioned above.
* Required fields
Contest Ended on November 11th, 2023
DISH offers a special military TV package custom-designed for the interests of our military veterans, active-duty military, and their families.
You’ll get a free Stars & Stripes package at no cost, which includes channels such as the American Heroes Channel, the Smithsonian Channel, and more! You’ll also get a free monthly movie rental in honor of your service! And you’ll get a DVR upgrade to the top-of-the-line Hopper 2, so you can record your live programming or movies and watch anytime, anywhere.