Mobiles device are useful for more than texting or calling. They’re there to entertain you.
And if you’re a DISH customer, you don’t have to wait until you get home to watch DVR recordings. You can watch all your DVR content, plus live channels, through the DISH Anywhere app.
All you need is your mobile device, the DISH Anywhere app, and an Internet-connected Hopper at home for extra perks. Watching live TV no longer means you have to be home.
Instantly watch thousands of channels and recorded shows at the drop of hat. Here’s everything you need to know about the DISH Anywhere App.
Understanding the DISH Anywhere App
Nowadays, it’s normal to do everything on your phone. Live streaming channels are one of the many ways you can watch TV on your phone.
DISH customers can watch premium content at no additional cost by downloading the DISH Anywhere app. As long as you have an Internet connection and a DISH account, you can watch live TV.
What Is the DISH Anywhere App?
The DISH Anywhere app is an app that allows you to watch DISH recorded TV through your compatible mobile device. DISH Network makes the app available to DISH customers so that they can access thousands of their favorite channels and movies without paying an extra cost.
The DISH app includes a live DISH TV Channel Lineup and you can watch thousands of shows and movies on your favorite streaming devices.
The DISH Network app also makes the following features available for their customers:
- Program your DISH DVR from anywhere. You can schedule DVR recordings whenever you want and from wherever you are.
- Customers that have the DISH Network Hopper DVR (Hopper 3 or Hopper with Sling adapter) can stream live TV and watch recorded programs.
Is DISH Anywhere Free?
Yes. The app itself is available for everyone, whether they’re a DISH Network subscriber or not.
But, if you want to be able to enjoy all the perks that DISH TV offers, you have to already be a customer. This is so that you can have access to anything recorded with your Sling-enabled DVR, DISH Hopper, or other compatible receivers.
Both Android and iOS users can download the app today. Keep in mind that for the app to work, you will need Microsoft Windows 7 or above. If you have a Mac computer, you’ll need Macintosh OS X 10.9 or above.
How Do I Use DISH Anywhere?
The first step you need to take is to download the DISH Anywhere app to your mobile device or tablet. You can do this by searching for the app in either the Apple App Store or from the Google Play Store depending on the device you have. To make it easier for you, simply follow these links to the app:
Make sure you have an Internet connection or Internet access. From there, once you download the app, you need to sign in with your DISH credentials. Use the same login credentials you typically use to access your DISH account when you want to pay your bill.
Once you’re logged in, you’ll be able to watch On Demand content, like movies and shows. You can also stream LIVE TV, including premium channels, anything else that you recorded on your DISH Hopper. For the best quality, DISH recommends an upstream and downstream bandwidth of 3Mbps or higher.
Besides the on-demand movies, DISH Anywhere allows you to bring on-the-go content with you when you set up recordings through your Hopper 3. By doing this, you can watch TV from all your mobile devices.
Does DISH Anywhere Work Away From Home?
Absolutely. As long as you’re on an Internet-connected computer or device, you can access all the channels you normally watch at home.
If you want to watch shows that you recorded or any other type of TV special, you’ll need an Internet-connected Hopper at home. The DVR is what will make it possible for you to watch everything remotely.
What Do You Need for DISH Anywhere?
To start watching your favorite shows through the app, you’ll need the following items:
- Computer or device that is compatible with the system requirements for the app. If you’re using an Android device, it needs to be 4.0 or higher. If you’re watching DISH on an iPhone, iMac, or iPad, the device needs to be running iOS 5.0 or higher.
- If you record your favorite shows and want to watch them on the go, you’ll also need a DVR with sling technology and an Internet connection to stream recorded content.
Do You Need Internet for DISH Anywhere?
Yes. The DISH Anywhere app is a streaming app.
Anytime you want to stream videos to a device other than the TV, you need Wi-Fi. Without an Internet connection, you won’t be able to access much of anything.
What Devices Support DISH Anywhere?
You can use this app on any Wi-Fi-enabled device. You have the option of using Android products. Or, if you prefer, you can download the app to your iPhone or iPad.
How Do I Activate DISH Anywhere?
Activating the app is easy and simple. Make sure you have already downloaded it before activation.
Logging In with DISH Credentials
- Open the app on the device you want to start watching TV.
- If it’s the first time you’re using the app, it will prompt you to read and accept the End User License Agreement. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to accept.
- On the next screen, you will type in your credentials to log in. And that’s it.
Watch Live TV and Recorded TV on the DISH Anywhere App
The most sought-out feature of the app is the fact that it allows you to watch DISH programming wherever you are. And while you can pair your Hopper to the app, there’s always the question of whether you can use DISH Anywhere on a smart TV.
Can I Use DISH Anywhere on a Smart TV?
Unfortunately, no. The good news is that while you can’t use DISH Anywhere on your smart TV, you can utilize your Hopper DVR as an alternative.
The DISH Network Hopper acts as a smart TV by turning standard televisions into smart ones. By including the Hopper as part of your entertainment, you’ll be able to access apps like Facebook, Netflix, and Pandora.
How Do I Pair my Hopper with the DISH Anywhere App?
Before pairing the Hopper with the DISH Anywhere app, remember that this only works if they are both using the same Wi-Fi connection. Otherwise, the devices won’t pair.
- Take a look at your remote. Press the MENU button or HOME button twice.
- On the TV screen, select SETTINGS.
- Then, on the next screen that pops up, select MOBILE DEVICES.
- You will notice that the feature is either OFF or ON. If it’s OFF, press SELECT to turn on “Accept Pairing Requests.”
- Now launch the Anywhere App on your mobile device.
- Towards the bottom of the log-in screen, tap on the “On-Screen Pairing” button.
- Choose the desired HOPPER that you want to pair the app with.
- The app will send a pairing request to the Hopper. Once your TV receives it, it will display a PIN. Enter the PIN in your app.
- On the Hopper, select CONTINUE and you’re good to go.
DISH Anywhere App FAQs
Can I Download DISH Anywhere on My LG Smart TV?
Yes, you can. The best way to do this is to pair your Dish Anywhere app with the Hopper that’s connected to your LG Smart TV. Follow the steps above to pair your Hopper with your Dish Anywhere app.
How can I watch DISH programming with the DISH Anywhere App & Amazon Fire TV Stick?
Does DISH Have a TV App?
Yes. Simply search for the Dish Anywhere App and log in with your credentials from DISH.
Is the DISH Anywhere App on Roku?
Yes, it is available on Roku.
How Do I Connect Roku to DISH Network?
- Make sure that you have both a DISH Network subscription and a Roku device.
- Search for the DISH Anywhere App on Roku.
- Download the app.
- Once you open the app, type in your DISH Network credentials.
Does Apple TV Have DISH Anywhere App?
No. There isn’t a DISH Anywhere app available on Apple TV.
Can You AirPlay DISH Anywhere?
Yes. DISH Network permits AirPlay output from the DISH Anywhere app.
Why Are Some Shows or Episodes Not Available?
Although DISH wants to make sure you get all the content you want, there are certain licensing rules that limit the availability of certain episodes. If you’re looking for a particular episode of a show and can’t find it, it’s possible that the licensing may have expired.
Can I Download Videos From the App?
No, the desktop website doesn’t support video downloads to computers or laptops.